Misc. tools for the developer
- How-to: Display an Error dialog — You want to stop the process and return display a message to the user
- How-to: Display a Confirm dialog (ForceWarning) — You want to prompt the user to Confirm a message.
- How-to: Inspect Request Response XML and Error Call Stack — Use the document queue to inspect the XML data being sent to and from the Mobile devices. Also, error call stacks can be found here.
- How-to: Load current Mobile Request from any event — The API event parameters does not include all the information you want
- How-to: Subscribing to standard events — You may subscribe to posting events in the Business Central base App to process collected values, or when events offered by Extension API does not fit your exact need.
- Case: Get mobile statistics
- Case: Post & Print — When posting you want to print standard reports like base functions "Post & Print" does
- Case: Use your own custom Item Barcode table — A customer wishes to start using there own Item Barcode table when scanning Items on the mobile device.
- Tutorial: Create a Positive Adjustment function
- Tutorial: Create your first Mobile WMS-extension
- Legacy articles
Examples for Planned Functions. Planned functions use Header/Lines and a posting-routine
Examples for Unplanned Functions. Sometimes items get damaged and the inventory needs to be adjusted. These operations are "unplanned"
- How-to: Create custom Unplanned function in Main Menu — The most common control for customization
- How-to: Online Validation for Unplanned Step — "onlineValidation" on Steps can instantly validate the entered data, with a call to the back-end
- How-to: Production Output - Implement a Unit of Measure step — For Items with multiple Unit of Measure codes
- Case: Add custom step 'To-Location' to Unplanned Move — Add custom step for To-Location when posting Unplanned Move from/to locations without "Directed Putaway-and-pick"
- Case: Default total RunTime based on produced quantity in Production Output — A customer wants the RunTime step for Production Output to be populated with a default value.
Examples for Lookup Functions. Lookups display a list of data based on Header fields
- How-to: Create custom Lookup Function — Adding a new custom Lookup function with one "Header field" to show simple lookup response.
- Case: Filter Bin Content for specific Serial No. — Filter Lookup Bin Content for a specific Serial No.
Examples for customizing Cloud Print Service
- How-to: Add new/Copy a label-template — You want to add/create a custom label template with a unique design
- How-to: Add data to label-template — You want to modify a label template by adding data to it
- How-to: Modify steps on a label-template — Modify collected steps before a Label-template is printed.
- How-to: Do not collect printer name — Skip collecting printer name when printing a label
- Case: Print Label on Planned Function Posting — Print Label on Planned Posting, i.e. Receive, Pick, Put-away, Ship, Move etc.
- Case: Print Label on Tote Shipping Posting — Print Label on the posting of Tote Shipping.
- Case: Print muliple labels with unique lot numbers — Option to generate and print multiple unique labels
- Case: Print muliple labels with unique lot numbers (MOB5.23-MOB5.38) — Option to generate and print multiple unique labels
- Case: Print your own ZPL labels — Print your own ZPL labels