Label templates can be modified to create custom label designs
You should use built-in Help/Manual in the cloud designer as your primary source for learning (top right-hand corner).
Tip: Use a standard label as a starting point
The Standard Label Template Designs offers to:
- Print multiple labels from one Dataset
- Concatenate values for GS1 barcodes
- Work out-of-the-box
Tip: Save only when you are done - Undo if needed
The recommended workflow is:
- Make a backup with "save as"
- Preview your change
- CTRL + Z/Y to undo/redo
- Save only when you are done
Tip: Do NOT drag elements. Select and change the properties
To make the label able to dynamically adjust based on data, most elements are positioned dynamically and thus relative to each other.
If you drag an element, you will change its positioning from Dynamic to Fixed.
Instead you should:
- Double click the element / select it from Layout
- Use Containers, flow direction, and Margins settings to adjust the position
Tip: How to utilize Text Wrapping, Container Flow Direction, and Fixed width
In this example, we will create a bold header and regular value, kept together and on a single line.
This will introduce you to
- Text Wrapping
- Container flow direction
- Text element dimensions mode
How to set it up
Change the following settings:
Change "Flow direction" to Row
Text value element
Turn "Wrap" off
Change "Dimensions" to Fixed